Sunday, July 6, 2008

"Can You Believe I'm alive after all that.."

..picking panties off the floor with my cold cold hands."

My hands have been very cold in the mornings. The air-conditioning at my place is very effective and bringing out a morning chill. As for the other part of the lyric, I'll leave you make your assumptions. NEXT DOOR is on a very temporary hiatus and all of my close friends have vanished to bold new futures of visionary excitement and self-redefinition, or at least to new girlfriends and work schedules that keep them pre-occupied. Such is the way with summers in Honolulu..

And far be it from me to be while away hours forlorn at the decimation of my inner circle of friends. I once sported T-shirts emblazoned with the phrase "KILL YOUR FRIENDS, MAKE YOURSELF ANEW".. though joking at the high school friends I was leaving behind ot lives of idle misery and progressive alcohol and perscription drug dependencies. the slogan does have an uncomfortable truth to it.

Friends though marvelous in their supports and their abilities to invest even the most horrid and mundane tasks (cooking, eating food, sitting around, dancing at 80's night) with some semblance of joy and meaning, have a nasty habit. The habit of trying to make the person you are whne you hang out with them permanent. To hold you to being that one things that you are to them.

Sometimes, it is good to be allowed to be something fresh, something new.

That said, do call me up and harass me because in a scant few weeks I will not doubt be so cripped be desperate lonliness I will not be able to raise myself from bed. Except of course for the purpose of playing unbelievably sad music on the radio and making you all suffer through it with me.

;)

PLAYLIST FOR 6-25-08

Apples In Stereo- Pine Away
Fleet Foxes- Ragged Wood
Neko Case- Soulful Shade Of Blue
Oakley Hall- Rue the Blues
Silver Jews- Monsters
Band Of Horses- Great Salt Lake
Destroyer- My Favorite Year
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah- Over and over
Born Ruffians- Badonkadonkey
Vampire Weekend- Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin- Modern Mystery
Softlightes- A Town Named Blue
Saturday Looks Good To Me- Underwater Heartbeat
Botticellis- Old Home Movies
Ladybug Transistor- Perfect for Shattering
Concretes- Sunbeams
The Little Ones- Unlock The Door
Calexico- Alone Again /Or
King of Prussia- Terrarium
Fleet Foxes- He Doesn't Know Why
M. Ward- Outta My Head
Rogue Wave- Lake Michigan
Midlake- It Covers The Hillside
Camera Obscura- Anti-Western
All Girl Summer Fun Band- Ticking Time Bomb
Dressy Bessy- This May Hurt A Little
Imperial Teen- Yoo Hoo
Supergrass- Diamond Hoo Ha Man
Spoon- Rhythm and Soul
The Dandy Warhols- Cool Scene
Spacehog- Cruel To Be Kind
Pete and the Pirates- Mr. Understanding
MGMT- Electric Feel
Pulp- Party Hard
Cut Copy- Feel The Love
Shout Out Louds- Shut Your Eyes
Bella- Stay Here
Santogold- You'll Find A Way
T.Rex- Twentieth Century Boy
Tangiers- Thousand Hands
Supergrass- Rebel In You
Belle & Sebastian- We Are The Sleepyheads
Tapes N' Tapes- Lines
Fleet Foxes- Oliver James
Nick Drake- Time Has Told Me
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy- So Everyone
Clinic- Free Not Free
El Perro Del Mar- How Could We Forget
Stereolab- Anonymous Collective
Vampire Weekend- Bryn
Destroyer- Watercolors Into The Ocean

DOWNLOAD THE SHOW HERE

No comments: